Career and Leadership Development staff members coach students and alumni as they explore and pursue career possibilities and develop their leadership abilities. We assist in this process by helping students connect their strengths, interests and skills with knowledge about careers as they prepare for lives of leadership and service both within and beyond the gates of Sewanee.
- Personal attention through individual appoinments
- Workshops and panels on careers and leadership development
- Opportunities for networking with alumni and meeting employers and graduate and professional school recruiters
- Assessments via StrengthsQuest, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and the Strong Interest Inventory
- Internship and job search coaching
- Resume and cover letter reviews
- Access to on-line and print resources through an extensive career library
Hours and Location
We are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to Noon and 1-5 p.m. at 43 Texas Avenue (next to the Fowler Center). Please call 931.598.1121 or write us to make an appointment or for other information.
Students who would rather come by without a specific appointment time are encouraged to use the Drop-In Hours:
- Monday and Tuesday from 2-5 p.m. and Wednesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to Noon.