- Be good at being yourself.
- Know your message and be able to articulate it. Know your strengths and your liabilities.
- When you get settled, find a charitable organization and volunteer. You'll meet people in a wide range of careers who may be helpful in your new city.
- When you get time with someone in the entertainment industry, ask them about their culture to ensure that you'd be a good fit.
- Read Billboard magazine for the music industry or Hollywood Reporter for theatre/television/movie industries.
The event was co-sponsored by our office and the Babson Center for Global Commerce and supported by the Smith Fund generously endowed by Joel A. Smith III, C'67. We are grateful for the time and attention provided by the four members of the Sewanee family from Nashville!