Information For Parents & Families
Sewanee Career Center assists students from their first year through graduation and beyond. One of our strengths is our exceptional internship program, and we provide over $600,000 each summer in funding and opportunities for students each summer to work in paid internships.
Help your student by encouraging him or her to:
- visit our office often during the four years including seeking guidance in developing a resume during their first year
- attend workshops, panels and other events hosted by the Career Center
- apply for a summer internship
- consider participating during January of their junior or senior year in Beyond the Gates: Preparing for Life and Work after Sewanee
You can help all students when you:
- recruit Sewanee students for your organization
- alert our staff to entry-level positions or internships in your organization or elsewhere
- provide an internship opportunity with your organization
- participate in campus programs related to your career
How Do I?